Manufacturing - Integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems for manufacturing companies can be integrated into nearly every function of your manufacturing business, from the sales and quoting process to material planning, shop floor control, quality management, outside services, procurement, scheduling, shipping and logistics, customer service, finance and human resource management.
Procurement — Lack of visibility into supplier activities and services from third party processors results in price volatility and uncertainty in production cycle and delivery accuracy.
- Need for greater visibility into outsourced supplier’s activities
- Poor supplier reliability can lead to price volatility
- Lack of visibility into order progress of third party processors or outside warehouses
- Product innovation demands are critical to the future of manufacturer’s expanding product lines
- Need for more ordering accessibility to consumers through online and mobile applications
Operations — Difficulty integrating operation, sales, and manufacturing data from segregated data 'silos'.
- Struggle to integrate acquisitions and locations
- Lack of visibility into Plant-Floor operations
- Manual processes that slow decision making and agility of business decisions
- Systems are department based and not company wide
- Rapid globalization of the company into emerging markets requires scalable systems
Manufacturing — Struggle to manage warehouse space availability and decrease inventory obsolescence.
- Dispersed company supply chain management
- Legacy information systems do not always support new or differentiating business practices
- Systems are unable to adapt to expanding production lines and changing consumer trends
ERP Solution Benefits
Procurement — Seamless integration between suppliers to produce more accurate delivery times.
- Create a connected community of users, both within and outside the organization, allowing them to easily view outsourced manufacturing operations and supplier status
- Streamline more difficult and time consuming quotation processes
- Reduce purchasing error rate by close to 80%
- View operations and suppliers to deliver accurate quotations and reliable service to customers
Operations — Integrate business departments to one system for agile business decisions with real time communication.
- Identify areas for improvement within the organization and across the global supply chain by using integrated business intelligence and key performance indicators (KPI)
- Facilitate global collaboration to quickly engineer, source and manufacture new products
- Reduce manufacturing inefficiencies by integrating sales, production, shipping and billing systems
- Improve on productivity and return on assets with full visibility across processes, lines, departments, plants, outsourced operations and throughout the global supply network
- Obtain industry specific KPI and benchmarks
- Have access to updated inventory, development, sales, purchasing and financial information across multiple locations and companies
Manufacturing — Improve production scalability and manufacturing performance.
- Minimize inventory costs and eliminate waste by pulling inventory through optimal sequence using “best before’ management and first expired/first out or first in/first out picking direction
- Capable of adopting a variety of manufacturing processes
- Improve warehouse efficiencies, reduce inventory levels and decrease inventory obsolescence
- Reduce energy consumption and costs while tracking and reporting reduction in carbon output
- Unify business processes across all plants globally
- Remove waste, improve real time visibility, and customer specific reporting throughout the supply chain
Manufacturing and Distribution Clients
Partner with Ideaca and discover how our people and services can give your business the edge over the competition.
Contact us today at 1-866-816-4332 to speak with a representative, or fill out the form below.