"The combined team from ATS and Ideaca did a remarkable job in developing an award-winning solution that allows us to go forward with MOSS as the dominant platform within ATS. We could not have worked with a better partner than Ideaca to help make this a reality."Ron Keyser
CIO - ATS Automation Tooling Systems
ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc.
ATS Automation Tooling Systems custom designs, builds and installs manufacturing solutions for many of the world’s most successful companies in North America, Asia, and Europe.
ATS required a quality management solution to provide ISO9001 document standards and ensure compliance globally. Previously, ATS utilized a paper-based system within each department responsible for adhering to company regulations and government compliance. This resulted in a number of business issues including:
- Duplicate effort and lack of consistency within the organization as each department had to create and maintain their own change management process
- Inability to provide accurate records for audits since they were located in multiple areas
- Compliance with ISO9001 was enforced by one person and not consistent across the organization
- Time-consuming effort to find change histories
To resolve these issues, ATS looked for a robust and intuitive solution that would streamline their business processes with ISO standards across multiple departments. Based on recommendations from Ideaca, ATS decided to implement a solution based on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 integrated with Microsoft Office Visio 2003. This innovative solution was recognized by Microsoft as the Information Worker Solution of the Year at the 2008 Microsoft Partner Program IMPACT Awards.
Increased organizational productivity and efficiency by:
- Providing a streamlined ISO 9001 compliant quality management process that manages all documents and versions. The solution is being used to enforce the ISO9001 document management rules automatically instead of manually
- Presenting the most up-to-date processes and changes with all relevant documentation through the use of tailored navigational views that optimized the user experience
- Utilizing workflows to enforce rules and steps minimizing wait times and human error. Approvals, reviews, and feedback were automated to allow the QA manager to control the entire Quality Management process through workflow
- Simplified access to information by displaying process maps with aggregated information (including documents and links) allowing users to see all information on one screen rather than go to multiple libraries and sites
- Creating an intuitive and user-friendly interface that is based on employee function and allows users to navigate information more efficiently. Process maps were dependent on the user’s function allowing them to easily find their own processes rather than having them buried deep among all processes
- Using one system to maintain and manage all documents allowing for a centralized global repository of information that is both organized and searchable through metadata
- Tracking changes and versions to more accurately provide audit data
- Implementing an infrastructure that will support the growth of the organization
- Providing a forum for global collaboration throughout the organization
Contact us online or call 1-866-816-4332 to speak to one of our experts today.