Following Ideaca’s proven implementation methodology, we were able implement a seamless solution that suits the specific requirements of our business.
Manager of Business Integration, Delta Controls
Our Benefits-Based Approach
Our company has been operating for over 10 years and in that time we’ve been fortunate to work with hundreds of clients across Canada and in major cities including Toronto, Kitchener, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver and USA. Our consultant leadership, on the other hand, has been consulting for over 20 years to multiple exciting industries across many lines of business. Through this, we have learned that by concentrating only on key business benefits we can predictably maximize efficiencies and gains. We partner with your existing IT team using a benefits-based approach to ensure successful outcomes and realized results.
During the initial stages of your acquisition life cycle we focus on using end benefits to build a solid foundation for the impending implementation. We work with you to:
- Identify the top 2 to 3 business benefits driving the system implementation
- Task ‘Benefit Champions’ for each identified areas of focus
- Provide workshop support to Benefit Champions to clarify roles, expectations and approach
- Facilitate workshops to define benefit dependencies. This process rolls out the requisite steps so that the benefit can be realized (e.g. broad adoption of purchase orders, member self-service capabilities delivered, etc.)
- Facilitate workshops to construct a first draft of the Benefits Realization Plan. This plan outlines the organization, people, process, and technology activities required to deliver the benefit and the segregation of related responsibilities between the business and the joint project team
It is then important to align the implementation seamlessly and strategically with the key benefits identified in the Benefit Realization Plan. We work with you to:
- Sketch the business processes and the solution that support realizing the key benefits
- Recognize, communicate and address the impact of business process and solution design decisions that may influence the key benefit priorities
- Refine the Benefit Realization Plan based on the feedback received from the business units thus far
- Provide coaching to Benefit Champions and their role in guiding the implementation towards the key benefits
By focusing on the key benefits, we are in effect limiting the work-in-process for the implementation effort to those benefits, a tactic that greatly improves the likelihood of a successful implementation.
The next step is to build the ecosystem that delivers the key benefits and orients the organization to business agility – the ability and capacity to respond to changing business needs and new benefits priorities in a timely manner at reasonable cost. Ideaca’s Methodi™ solution delivery life cycle is configurable so that we can tune how we work to match the way you work. We believe that building a team that consists of both our personnel and our clients makes for better solutions, especially when guided by the clarity gained through benefits realization planning.
Our Prepare solution delivery phase aligns the people working on the solution to the planned benefits and to the organization’s goals for the project and solution. Our Blueprint solution delivery phase is comprised of risk-reducing activities so that uncertainties and possible barriers to benefits realization are rooted out, examined, prioritized, and most importantly mitigated. These risk-reducing activities may be analysis, design, building or testing activities – whatever it takes – so that costs are understood and benefits positioned for success.
The Build solution delivery phase is comprised of activities for growing the solution in an iterative and incremental manner so that costs and potential barriers to benefits realization can be continually monitored. Typically there is a lot of learning here – learning the solution technology, learning new business processes, learning new ways of working. Our Implement and Stabilize solution delivery phases are short, planned phases for transitioning the solution into everyday use and helping the end users adopt the solution and associated business processes.
After the project has been successfully implemented and stabilized, Ideaca can provide customized, extended maintenance and support to ensure your application is up-and-running reliably, on a day-to-day basis. The goals, questions and metrics identified in benefits realization planning and built into the benefits ecosystem can now be measured and monitored. We’re there to provide ongoing coaching to the Benefits Champions as needed. In addition, our team is there to nurture continued success long after we are gone; we are committed to ensuring you achieve tangible benefits quickly and that the returns will persist over the long term.
Download our overview and learn more about our company, services and people.
Visit our Knowledge Centre to download insightful articles, whitepapers, webinars and videos.